Friday, August 24, 2007

Daily... Weekly Proverb

I love to read a chapter of the book of Proverbs everyday. So, from time to time, I do.

My initial goal was to read it daily (happens sometimes, not others), pertaining to the date. With 31 chapters and around that many days in a month, I should read through it once a month. Right.

My next goal was to memorize one verse that caught my eye from that chapter. Or at least go over it throughout the day. More often then not, it is one a week, but each little bit helps.

(A)I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
Pslam 119:11

I'm a new mom who is still learning what a resonable goal is, but I'm also learning to not beat myself up when I don't meet my expectations. No beating up, but no giving up either. Each day is another opportunity to do what I know I need to do.

On that note, my proverb of the week:

(E)
By wisdom a house is built,
and by understanding it is established
Proverb 24:3

And since "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov 9:10), may the first stone of my house be the fear of Ha Shem!

No comments: