Sunday, September 30, 2007

Festival Notes 1

This is the begining of my festival research. I know there is a ton of info out there, but sometimes I need things put together in my own way to really get it.

My current list of festivals:

Rosh HaShana
Yom Kippur
Sukkot
Simchat Torah
Chanukah
Purim
Passover
Yom HaShoah
Shavuot

I would like to gather this info on each plus a lot more :0)
  1. Hebrew name
  2. English translation or traditional English name
  3. What the name means
  4. Hebrew date of Festival
  5. General solar calendar date of Festival
  6. Is it a Sabbath?
  7. Scriptural reference
  8. Do's and Don'ts, biblical and traditional
    1. Food
    2. Clothes
    3. Activities "allowed"
I am totally aware I can probably get all this info on wikipedia, but I'm simply gathering my thoughts.

No comments: