Monday, October 13, 2008

Meals: The Background Story

I don't have a lot of confidence in my cooking abilities. Part of that is I haven't done much. Before Teeny Tiny was born, My Favorite did all the cooking. When she was a year old, God blessed him with a new job, and I started my cooking career. At the same time, we also felt convicted to eat a vegetarian diet as often as possible (something we are still figuring out since Teeny Tiny is obviously a carnivore and dislikes "wapables" of any kind). So any previous cooking experience I had, which wasn't much, wasn't very helpful.

The other part is I have a fear of failure. I want it to work the right way, the first time, and for it to be something people (ie. my family) likes. And I'm slow. But I want to overcome this. I know learning is a process, with lots of trial and error, and I don't want to pass on my throw-in-the-towel, stomp-my-feet attitude to my girls when something goes slightly amiss.

So I thought maybe it would help to chronicle my trials and errors here, so I can improve and see that I'm improving. We shall see!

No comments: