Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Husband Encouragment Challenge: Day 10

I'm not sure how I am doing on this challenge. I do know that I am way more aware of what I am saying and thinking then 10 days ago, and for that I will be thankful. I really appreciate the emails reminding me every day to check my heart and my spirit as well as my words and actions.

"Behold, you are handsome, my beloved! Yes, pleasant!"
Song of Solomon 1:16a

I think I tell him all the time, but just in case he doesn't know, I love how handsome my husband is! He is built just the right height for me, I tuck under his arm perfectly. He has broad shoulders and is built nice and sturdy. I appreciate that. His strong hugs and sturdy hands make me feel safe. His hands are just comforting, it might seem silly, but they are. When he reaches over and grabs my hand while we're driving, I feel happy and loved and protected and a whole lot more emotions that I wouldn't expect. Such a simple thing really.

For example, just this last weekend, we had an opportunity to go to the grocery store together, without the girls. It had been a while I guess, because I was just giddy! It felt like ages since I had held his hand and walked next to him. It hasn't really been ages, but I was able to really concentrate on us, on him, on how he makes me feel. I've been living off those few moments all week.

Thank you Lord, for giving me a husband who grows more handsome to me every day.

No comments: