Friday, February 06, 2009

Husband Encouragment Challenge: Day already behind

I want to be purposeful about this encouragment, and for me, taking time to write it down is important. But I have 2 kiddos and that just can't happen the way I might wish it could. And I am determined to be perfectly content with that!

"Let him labor, working with his hands what is good . . ."
Ephesians 4:28b

My wonderful husband is a computer programmer/developer. He LOVES his work, and could do it day and night. Guys who do this kind of work have amazing brains, at least mine is always trying to figure out how to make it better and easier and more efficient. He thinks about everything, and makes everyone around him have to think. And that is a good thing, in my book.

One of my favorite moments in the day is when Teeny asks where Daddy is going. "To work" he replies. "Why?" she has asked since she was very young. "So you can have a roof over your head and food to eat." is the reply. One of my new favorite verses is this:

"But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content."
1 Timothy 6:8

My husband works hard, loves what he does, always wants to do more and better and does it for God and his family. We are blessed in his willingness to do so. Our cupboards and freezers are full, as are our closets and dressers. We have more then contendedness, moving on to abundance and an opportunity to share with others. Even in these hard times, he, under God's blessing, provides and protects us 3 gals here at home.

One of my desires is to become better, and more efficient and more frugal with what I have been given as a job (housework, groceries, food, serving, training kids) so that what he works so hard for can go further and grow stronger and continue on in generations to come. With all he has on his shoulders, he is still more then willing to advise and help me in my areas of responsibility. My goodness, what a blessed woman I am!

No comments: