Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Husband Encouragment Challenge: Day 15

"Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
2 Peter 3:18a

My Favorite is an amazing man of God. He has a wisdom that is beyond his years of age, and it is a blessing to me almost daily. We have been together since I was 15, so I have had a chance to see him in the ups and downs of a walk of faith, and it has been amazing.

Right now, it is just amazing to watch him work hard to figure out how to be a Daddy who translates his faith to his little girls. I am not sure there is anything that could bring tears to a mama's eyes faster then seeing her little girl on Daddy's knee learning about God. Tears of thanks and joy and amazement. Growing up, I didn't even know to ask for a husband, let alone pray for one who could lead me the way My Favorite does. Not only is he a wonderful leader, he makes it easy to do my job of following, of submitting. I love his view on scripture, on parenting, on life situations. I have learned and grown in numerous ways because of this man.

He is purposeful in his love of me and the girls. He actively loves me as Christ loves the church, I can only hope to grown in my ability to follow him as the church should follow Christ.

Lord, thank you for my wonderful husband. You have created in him an amazing example of a Godly man. I see his desire to love you more, to understand his role as husband and daddy, to be more of what you want every day. I pray, my King, that you would help me to be the wife he needs to be the husband you command he be. You are a gracious giver of awesome gifts, and he is truly one of my favorites. In the name of Yeshua the Messiah, amen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge: The Rules
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband!

No comments: