Monday, February 02, 2009

To My Favorite

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life."
Proverbs 31:11-12

I started that challenge today. You said it would be major, and I'm knowing it will be even bigger then that. You more then anyone know how negative and judgmental I can be. But there is a better way, and you deserve it!

You aren't here for me to tell you how thankful I am for you. But I am. Who would have thought all those years ago that we would be here today? I have learned so much, and can only thank God and you for bringing me to who I am today.

There are so many things you do that bless me, things I probably never mention, that I could write post after post after post. But for today, I'll share the following. You do it often, but a few months ago, I stopped whatever I was doing to listen to you with our oldest girl. You were doing something in the kitchen and she was not behaving well. It was one of those moments where I feel like pulling my hair out :0) Instead, I heard you purposefully calm, and slow your words down, talking to her with such deliberate love. I was impressed and greatly encouraged. Not because you talk to her without love, but because it helped me remember to be purposeful with my words and the attitude behind them. And it reminded me that God has abundantly blessed me with you.

Thanks for taking care of us, I love you. And I love being your wife!

No comments: