Sunday, June 08, 2008

Revelation of a wife

Being a wife is a lot more detailed then I ever thought. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE being My Favorite's wife. Love love love it. Love doesn't even come close, I can feel in my soul that this is what I was created for.

But sometimes the little things that make up that role get the better of me. By nature, or fall, I am lazy, whiny, given to listening to the lies in my head, and prefer often to be served rather than serve. Yucky. I praise HaShem that the desire of my heart as far as my job as wife/mama is growing more and more to be like His. My actions, they need some help. But my understanding and desire are driving me in another direction.

What I keep thinking these last couple days is that in all the classes I have taken and all the jobs I have had, one of my favorite things was to know what was expected of me and to fulfill, if not try to exceed, those job duties/objectives. And a conclusion I came to at my last job was I do like to be in charge of things, to have a voice, but I don't want or do well with all the responsibility. I like to be a helper. Hmm, does that sound familiar?!

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him... But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him... And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man." Genesis 2:18, 20, 22

How awesome is that! Why it took a lot of jobs and classes to get me to that conclusion when it is stated clearly in His word, only God knows. But what a joy to know that. Now I pray, Lord, that you would help me remember the love I have for the role you gave me and apply that joy to being a wife and mama, ever step of the way.

No comments: